Annual Appeal Coordinator (Part-Time)
The Sigma Alpha Mu Foundation is seeking an individual to manage its annual fund (Annual Appeal) program. The Annual Appeal Coordinator will develop and implement a coordinated mix of solicitation tactics including direct mail, email, telephone, and volunteer engagement with the intent of growing the donor base. This is a part-time position with the potential for growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute a comprehensive annual giving plan. The plan will include strategies for soliciting every level of gift, a particular focus will be on increasing the number of donors, recurring gifts, and gifts of $250 – $1000.
- Produce direct mail solicitations, which would include copy writing, editing, layout and managing relationships with print/direct mail vendors.
- Supervise the execution and promotion of Supreme Prior’s Club giving society.
- Supervise the execution and promotion of Golden Bronze undergraduate giving society.
- Conduct personal solicitations via phone or email and support volunteer solicitations.
- In cooperation HQ staff, coordinate annual giving gift entry and donor acknowledgement.
- Analyze all annual giving efforts, making operational adjustments as needed.
- Manage the annual fund budget and maximize resources to improve ROI.
- Provide content for quarterly magazine, website, and social media communications.
- Preparation of Annual Report and fundraising reports for board meetings.
- Oversee and execute Sigma Alpha Mu Day of Giving.
- In conjunction with HQ staff assist in preparations for annual Sigma Alpha Mu Convention.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of five years successful experience in annual fund fundraising or a combination of relevant experience and education.
- Membership in or experience with fraternal organization preferred.
- Practical knowledge of annual giving operations.
- Experience in developing effective cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Experience working with membership database or fundraising software.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficiency with computer programs such Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with volunteer driven organizations.
It is the mission of the Sigma Alpha Mu Foundation to support the educational interests and activities of Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity, to furnish student aid, and to encourage and develop conduct and traits of character consistent with high morals, constructive citizenship, scholarship, leadership and community service.
Sigma Alpha Mu was founded in 1909 at the College of the City of New York as a fraternity of Jewish men.
Submit your resume to Aaron Girson, Director, email@example.com
Educational Leadership Consultant (Full-Time)
Learns the internal operation of the Fraternity, and develops working relationships with the chapters; makes assessments of the status of chapters; generates new chapters, develops colonies to chapter status, and provides problem-solving assistance when needed in areas of chapter operations, risk management, recruitment, etc.
Conducts chapter visitations and maintains regular contact with assigned chapters.
Represents international fraternity and participates in meetings with chapter officers, members, Greek and chapter advisors, volunteers, and other alumni.
Attends chapter functions.
Completes chapter visitation report and annual chapter health report.
Conducts training seminars at Chapter Leaders Days.
Conducts other training as required.
Prepares information packets and educational materials.
Assists in Convention organization and registration.
Assists in Chapter Leader Days planning and presentation.
Conducts Risk Management educational programs.
Participates in recruitment training of chapters and assists in external expansion activities, including conducting expansion and recruitment visits to new schools.
Educates members on Sigma Alpha Mu Foundation programs.
Other duties as reasonably assigned.
Effective listening, communication skills, and comfortable speaking to groups
Ability to create reports
Familiarity with email, Microsoft Office Suite, and general computer usage
Willingness to travel extensively
Member of the Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Chapter Services