The Sigma Alpha Mu 2017 Convention will be held this year in Naples, Florida. This year’s convention will include educational sessions throughout the weekend, annual business meeting on Saturday afternoon; awards banquet dinner on Saturday night, and much more. Registration is required, and we hope to see you in Naples!
Where: Naples, Florida – Naples Grande Beach Resort
When: August 10-13th 2017
Registration: Members (both undergraduates and alumni) can register for the Convention through their MySAM account online. If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the office at (317) 789-8338 and ask for the office administrator.
- Undergraduates cost to attend is $900 each. The cost for two voting delegates from a designated chapter is $1800, (Chapters were billed for their two required delegates earlier in the year.) The cost for each additional attendee is $900. The cost includes official banquet functions, hotel, and conference materials.
- Alumni can register for programming à la carte. For questions regarding registration and/or specific activity costs, please contact the office administrator in our Executive Offices at (317) 789-8338. More information about Alumni programming will be coming soon.
- Hotel room rate is $115/night. Please make reservations through the Executive Offices for our group rate.
Registration Check-In: Thursday, August check-in begins at 11:00am Eastern Time (ET) and ends at 1:45pm ET. Please check-in within that window of time. The opening session will begin promptly at 2:00pm ET. Convention will adjourn at 12:00pm ET on Sunday, August 13, 2017.
Flights: For those of you flying in, you will need to fly into the Southwest Florida International Airport (Airport Code: RSW).
- Your flight into Naples needs to arrive no later than 12 noon on Thursday ET (in order to allow enough time to travel to the hotel and get checked in).
- Your flight out on Sunday needs to be after 2:30pm ET (in order to allow enough time to travel to the airport and get through security).
Transportation from airport to hotel: The Fraternity is not providing any ground transportation. Travel from the airport to the hotel is approximately 45-60 minutes. There are taxi services available at the curb on the lower level of the terminal just outside Baggage Claim. Uber is also available.
Convention Schedule: Coming soon.
Nominating Committee Report: Coming soon.
Blue Book Task Force Report: Legislation must be proposed 90 days prior to the Convention. Please submit any request to Blue Book Task Force Chairman Richie Williamson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Future Convention Sites:
2018: Chicago, IL – 2019: Phoenix, AZ