Convention 2013- Jacksonville, FL
This year's convention will be held at the Marriott Sawgrass Resort & Spa in Ponte Vedra Beach, near Jacksonville, FL from August 8-11, 2013.
Beta Epsilon at U Mass was Installed on April 7, 2013 and Towson colonized May 2013
Looking for recruitment leads at Towson, U Mass, Alabama, UCLA, UC Irvine, U North Texas, Iowa, Missouri and Georgia
New and Exciting Job Networking Partnership for SAM Members! See MySAM…
House Corporation Directors’ Workshop
When: Saturday, August 10, 2013
Time: 8:00 AM – Noon
Where: Marriott Sawgrass Resort, 1000 PGA Tour Blvd., Ponte Vedra Beach, FL (Jacksonville Area)
Join us for a comprehensive workshop especially designed for SAM House Corporation officers and directors. This half-day workshop will coincide with the 2013 SAM Annual Convention.
· Financing purchases and renovations
· Insurance (both P&C and liability)
· Your role in risk management
· Food service concerns
· Life Safety
· Your relationship with chapter officers
Here’s the deal:
1) Arrive Friday and SAM will pick up the cost of your two-night stay at the Marriott Sawgrass (dbl. occupancy)
2) The Fraternity will provide 3 meals on Saturday and your breakfast on Sunday morning.
3) You will be responsible for paying a $100 registration fee that will be fully refunded to you after you’ve attended the workshop. This will “lock” your attendance for this event.
4) Travel to JAX and to the hotel is your responsibility…….Just show up and we’ll gladly be your hosts!
Additional and important weekend activities:
· Attend the Saturday Leadership Luncheon where individual chapter leadership awards are presented.
· Attend the SAM Convention Business session on Saturday afternoon as your chapter’s alumni delegate.
· Attend the SAM Chapter Awards Banquet on Saturday evening (coat and tie affair).
· Attend breakfast and goal setting sessions with your chapter officers where individual conferences with national officers are held.
Registrations are due by July 15, please!!!
We've heard your calls for a Career Networking Website.
We are excited to inform you that Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity has just entered into a strategic partnership with ViewYou to provide career networking services to our members. This is the ultimate in online job networking, and we are among the first of international fraternities to offer this career service.
Those of you who are looking for employment can now post your resumes along with self-produced video clips and other key personal and professional information on your own private landing page. Instead of just sending your resume and a cover letter along with hundreds of other applicants, you can refer potential employers to your own personal URL/link, too. This will give you a competitive advantage if you're looking for a post-graduation job or even just an internship.
This service is open to students and alumni alike and includes tips and tricks for finding employment!
SAM has negotiated a 60% discount with ViewYou. For the small cost of only $12 per year, you'll get the "PLUS" profile service (normally a $30/year cost). This is an amazing value that will help you launch your career.
Those companies and/or alumni who are looking to hire an SAM member can now register for free and have access to a landing page that contains the profiles of all registered SAM members. They can filter their selection of hundreds of Sammies by geography, collegiate major, or just about any criteria that's included in a profile.
signupsam and be among the first to get an edge on the job market.